We know many women have hair extensions in Boca Raton and they love to wear them! Hair extensions made of human hair are by far the best type for anyone to sport in the heat of the South Florida sun. However, these get dirty just as your natural hair does and need to have proper care for them to last longer. Let’s face it, they are an investment that needs your attention, and we’ve got the answers for you right here.
If the extensions are made of human hair and not synthetics, then keep in mind, you can wash them with shampoo and conditioner, just as you would your hair. There are a few things you need to remember when cleaning that will help you keep them looking new.
- Don’t wash them too often. Unlike your real hair, these can fall apart at the seams were sewed together. Wash them once every two weeks, and they should be okay. Unless, you use a lot of product such as hair spray, in which case once a week.
- Don’t scrub or ball them up. They can become tangled and create a real mess causing hair breakage and damage. Gentle motion squeezing shampoo or conditioner is a better method.
- Leave your conditioner on for up to 5 minutes to ensure the product is moisturizing. Since the hair isn’t a part of your hairs eco-system, natural oils can’t always get to the shaft of the extensions; you’ll need to condition them when shampooing to ensure their longevity.
- Use wide tooth combs or brushes meant for wigs and extensions. Comb out while still wet and then hang to dry on a towel rack.
- Air dry does NOT use a blow dryer as this can cause tangling.
- Don’t use super oily products such as coconut oil or tea tree oil; this can only cause the wefts to become sticky and not flow like human hair.
- If it’s a curly weft or wig, then be sure not to use alcohol-based products as this chemical will dry and frizz and no one wants that.
- Use a silk scarf to wrap curly hair wigs and extensions while drying; this will help to keep the shape.
With a little TLC, your wigs and wefts will look incredible all the time. You’ll also be protecting your investment from going down the drain. Literally! Nonetheless, we hope this blog is helpful to you. If you’d like to learn more about hair extensions at our Boca Raton salon, or to make an appointment, give us a call.
Until next time, Salon Sora is sending out Big Hugs to you All!
Book your appointment today!
To learn more about the latest hair trends and what we love at Salon Sora, visit our website at http://salonsora.com/
Or connect with us on social media at https://www.facebook.com/salonsoraboca ,
https://twitter.com/SalonSora and https://plus.google.com/+SalonsoraBoca/posts